Dye Autos Denver Area Truck and Automotive Blog
More than half of the vehicles sold in the U.S. are light-duty pickup trucks, SUVs and crossovers. There’s a big demand for used pickup trucks, both gas and diesel.
The used pickup truck market is estimated to be three times bigger than the new-truck market. Those who can’t afford to buy a new pickup, or who like to take advantage of some great deals, are always searching for the best deal on a used pickup truck.
At Dye Autos, we sell a lot of used pickup trucks.
Here are 5 important details to look for and consider when buying a used pickup truck.
1. Work with a dealer to set your budget.
It’s important to understand your budget and know what kind of truck you want. There are many options to choose from it’s crucial to set your expectations.
Start with an expert – a trusted dealer. At Dye Autos, we’ll help you determine what used pickup truck works for your lifestyle and your financial needs. We’ll give you a framework to work within so that shopping won’t get overwhelming.
2. Make a list to identify your wants and needs.
Many people approach buying a used pickup truck based on features they think they must have, rather than from a true evaluation of their needs. Making payments on a truck that’s too large or too small gets old real fast.
Consider these questions to identify your priorities.
- Is fuel mileage important, or are you willing to trade good fuel mileage for a larger engine with more power to tow and haul?
- Do you need a truck for occasional trips to the home improvement store or to the dump? A small truck with decent fuel economy might be the best choice.
- Is a 4WD truck a must for the roads you travel every day, or for snowy conditions in the winter?
- Do you regularly carry more than one passenger? Jump seats in a small second row are not suitable for more than short trips.
- Are you okay with either an automatic or manual transmission? Which accessories and/or safety features are must-haves? Jot down any characteristic that’s important to you and take it along when you shop.
3. Prioritize your lifestyle needs too.
Many people buy trucks for work but many others are just partial to diving pickup trucks. For them it’s a matter of lifestyle.
It’s important to make a list of the features most important to you that fit your lifestyle.
- Will you be hauling or transporting heavy materials?
- Do you drive mostly on highways or dirt and unpaved roads?
- Do you have kids that you’ll be driving back and forth to classes, soccer practice, dance recital, or school plays?
Prioritizing your lifestyle needs will help you decide which features you should be looking for first when shopping for your used pickup truck—be it larger cab space, a second row of seating, a stronger hitch, or a more powerful engine.
4. Get pre-approved.
At Dye Autos, we are the truck financing experts.
We’ve got 70 years of combined truck financing experience and 100 years in automotive retail. We’ve seen every situation and we can help you. How?
- We know what banks require.
- We often get customers approved while they’re here at the dealership.
- We have access to finance anyone.
- We’ll get you pre-approved faster than anyone.
5. Once you buy, stop looking.
Don’t second guess yourself!
You’ve done your homework, shopped around, found a trustworthy dealer, and made a careful decision. Now it’s time to enjoy your truck and not worry about the elusive truck that “got away.”
“If it’s a truck you wanna buy, you’d better call DYE!”Read More
Surprisingly, some of the biggest discounts on a new truck come at the beginning of the year. If you’re looking for the best time of the year to buy a car or truck, be prepared to act quickly! You won’t find a better time than when the calendar changes into a New Year.
Buying a new truck can be an arduous process. People naturally get caught up in the more exciting parts of buying a new truck, such as:
- Sound System
- Power outlets
- Off-road accessories
- Towing equipment
These are all super important features to consider but many people don’t stop to consider the details that could possibly save them THOUSANDS of dollars when it’s time to purchase.
4 New Truck Buying Tips to Start 2018 Off Right
Now that the New Year is upon us, you might be thinking about buying a new truck. Take the time to consider all your options to get the best deal possible.
1. You can save money if you buy on New Year’s Eve.
This is because it’s the last day a dealer has the opportunity to make both their quarterly AND yearly goals. Salespeople potentially have year-end bonuses on the line so they want to get the cars out the door before the midnight.
Everybody wants to save money on their new truck and your best chance to do it is on New Year’s Eve.
2. New Year’s Eve Hangover
Dealers trying to close out their year will often allow discounts that “hang over” into the New Year.
When dealers are busy on New Year’s Eve, there sometimes isn’t enough time to get every deal completed. The new truck deal you’re craving could still be available on January 1st, but only if you act quickly.
3. Forlorn salespeople are eager to sell.
It’s tough for car salespeople sitting in empty showrooms when almost everybody else is sitting at home watching football, recovering from late night parties, or not daring to venture out into the cold.
The only consolation for a car salesperson in this situation is to sell a car or two.
When salespeople are eager to sell, that makes a great opportunity for a savvy buyer.
4. Dealers need to clear their Inventory for new models.
Every dealer has inventory at the end of the year that they want to get rid of.
Used car prices tend to go through a predictable cycle in which they peak during the summer months followed by a downward slope hitting rock bottom around January 10th.
Prices tend to shoot back up quickly through February.
If your 2018 plans say it’s time for a new truck…
Remember these tips when you’re ready to buy. At DYE Autos we’re here to help you anyway we can so please reach out to us anytime!Read More